Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Three Little Hidden Treasures!

I was looking through the drawers in my place trying to find some historic flatware that I dug from a box at a sale to write about when I found these. Years ago they sat propped up in a little cabinet but have been stashed away for two moves. They were all flea market finds from New Jersey but I do not remeber where! My wife actually bought them in three different places. The one on the left is a Japanese Rose Medallion plate from the late 19th or early 20th century. The one in the center is a Limoges piece circa 1900. The one on the right is the most interesting. It is a Royal Worcester plate that dates form the late 1700s. The mark on the back was copied from the mark of the Sevres factory in France. It took several hours of research to determine that. It is very rewarding when research leads to an answer instead of my usual dead end. Sometimes it pays to search you own home for lost treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add PayPal to Your Business and Attract 150 Million Worldwide Members

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.